March 14, 2012

Idea

Inspiration

You know how there was this food blog? And in it this married woman in New York City sets out to make all the recipes in Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking, and writes about it all? And along the way she happens upon lessons of Life and Love and Living As A Hip Young Person In The City? You know, and it becomes really famous? Meryl Streep starred in the movie.

Well, maybe I could do the same thing, only using the Ron Paul Family Cookbook – surely as influential a culinary volume as any of our time. I think I’ve got the kitchen skills to pull this off. There’s a Walmart only three miles from my house, so getting all the exotic ingredients shouldn’t be a problem. I, a married suburban middle-class shlub, could start at the beginning and work my way through each recipe in turn, and see what lessons in Love and Life and Abolishing The Fed I encounter along the way. And, to see if my family becomes quasi-Libertarian (if not outright Republican) by the time the last morsel of Creole Praline Yam Casserole is consumed. 2012 seems a good year to start this.

Adam Scott could play me in the movie.

1 comment:

  1. Way to be, Adam! Looking forward to savoring your every blog post. Literally! Thou, I don't foresee myself becoming a Libertarian nor a Republican. Good try though. :D

    So, if Adam Scott could play you in this said movie I would suggest Salma Hayek play me.

    -the wifey

    ReplyDelete